Shenk Safety Letter
To Our Patients and Their Families:
All of us at Shenk Dental Care hope this letter finds you in good health. Taking care of our patients’ total health as related to their oral health has always been a priority for our dental care team, and we want to assure you that our commitment has always included patient safety.
Not only does our office follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), but we also provide the following that is in place as an added protection for your next appointment:
Air Science UV Box with optimally placed UV lamps that detect blind spots and recessed areas on walls to ensure optimum disinfecting.
LG Styler for PPE that runs scrubs, lab coats, towels, and all other fabrics necessary in our dental practice through a sterilization protocol each evening.
Honeywell UV Light Air Purifier is a part of our HVAC (heating and cooling system) to not only clean odors from the air, but to eradicate viruses, mold spores, and chemicals from becoming airborne.
O-SO PURE MR10 Water Filtration System sanitizes all the water that enters our practice.
Additionally, you will notice the following changes that have been implemented to ensure your safety when visiting our office:
- Pre-screening questions will be asked of every patient
- Hand sanitizers are in place for use when entering our office
- Our waiting room has been updated to remove materials such as magazines and other communal objects that are difficult to sanitize
- All touchable surfaces will be wiped down and sanitized with an approved surface cleaner in a regular schedule
- Appointment times will be scheduled to allow for social distancing both in our waiting room and in our hallways
If you have any particular questions or concerns, we’re happy to answer all of your questions about how the steps we’ve taken – and are continuing to take – to keep you safe in our practice.
One of our promises to you has always been to provide dental care in a safe, clean environment, and that promise will never waver. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty.