Celebrate Women’s Day by Gifting Your Beloved a Dental Crown to Save Her Tooth
Women’s day is not far away and what better gift to give your beloved than a dental crown if she has a cavity that is too large for a filling, a cracked or worn down tooth making her appearance ungainly before you and even others. By choosing to gift a dental crown to cover the imperfections on the teeth you will be handing over a restoration that will allow her to smile without fear.
A crown is a cover that the dentist can put over a tooth. It can revive the tooth to its regular size, shape, and function. It is capable of making the tooth stronger and improving its appearance.
Why Your Beloved May Need Crowns
Your beloved may not have disclosed the problem that she wants to cover a severely discolored tooth to improve her smile. She may have a cavity that is too large for a filling. In such cases letting her continue with the problem even on women’s day will be a gross injustice especially when restorations in the form of crowns are easily available and can be accessed from the dentist in a couple of appointments.
What Are Crowns Made from?
Different types of materials are used to develop crowns. Ceramics, porcelain, metal alloys, porcelain fused to metal or composite resin may be used during the development. When crowns are developed the material chosen is usually colored to blend in with your natural teeth.
Your dentist will be looking forward to making your crown look natural and fit comfortably to save your tooth from any embarrassment. When determining the type of materials to use for the crown your dentist will consider several factors like the following:
- The location of the tooth and its function.
- Your preference.
- The visibility of the tooth when you smile.
- The color and shade of the tooth.
- The position of the gum tissue.
Steps for Placing the Crown
Two dental visits are generally needed to complete this treatment. When a crown needs to be placed over a natural tooth different steps are involved.
- Your dentist will prepare the tooth by removing its outer enamel to ensure the crown will fit properly. Any decay present will also be removed. If an additional tooth structure is required to support the crown your dentist will buildup the core of the tooth.
- An impression will be taken by the dentist either from a mold or by digitally scanning the tooth. This is necessary to provide a precise model for the crown.
- A temporary crown may be placed in your beloved’s mouth while you wait for the permanent crown to be developed. The waiting time is usually two weeks. The temporary crown may create some sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures and the dentist will suggest avoiding chewing gum and eating sticky foods during this time. If your dentist has the latest technology you may even get same-day crowns.
- The crown will be placed in your beloved’s mouth when it is ready and any necessary adjustments will be made. When your beloved is happy with the appearance and the feel the dentist will cement the crown into place.
Where to Get the Dental Crowns from?
Dentists throughout the country are offering dental crowns as restorations for people that have cracked, worn down, or weakened teeth because of root canal treatment and even to hide the discoloration or a badly shape tooth to improve smiles. However, if you are going to make an investment in crowns for your beloved you may as well do it with reputed dental care that can give you the restorations as soon as possible before women’s day. You may believe it may be difficult to complete the procedure in time for the special occasion but if you visit Shenk Dental you may be surprised at the speed at which this clinic ensures they provide the restorations.
The clinic is managed by Dr. Judd Shenk who is an expert in these procedures and has everything needed to complete the procedure promptly. Not only will you receive quality service but you will also be advised on how to care for the crowns. The suggestions provided should not concern you because you just need to care for them as your natural teeth and can break or chip if not provided proper care. The tooth under the crown is susceptible to cavities. However, cavities can be prevented along with any damages by the following:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day and cleaning between your teeth as well.
- Avoid chewing on hard foods like ice and other objects if you have chosen tooth-colored crowns.
- Visiting your dentist regularly for exams and professional teeth cleanings.
Your beloved will be happy that you have chosen the perfect gift for her on women’s day which allows her to smile without being embarrassed or hiding her imperfect teeth if you begin the process immediately.